David Mason is a specialist English teacher and creative consultant who has been inspiring children in schools since 2000. Pupils learn to maximise their potential in creative writing through drama. His Writer in Residence package currently features in the School Improvement Plan of eight primary schools and one grammar school.
A few days each year leads to:
- best results for moderation purposes
- a rise in standards, sub-levels and levels
- improves pupils' engagement with and enjoyment of literacy
David's visits are a great source of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for all staff within the school. He runs INSET sessions to encourage teachers to use his techniques.
David is also a very experienced performance poet. He has written 25 poetry and story books for children. Performances to all age groups inspire the audience and enable David to reach every pupil in the school. This ensures that schools enjoy the best of both worlds:
- value for money in inspiring ALL pupils through performance
- improvement in literacy levels through workshops with specific classes