David Mason is a performance poet, author and specialist English teacher who has been inspiring children in schools since 2000. David has developed a reputation for significantly raising standards in writing. The secret of his success is shared in his new publication "Drama for Creative Writing and Contextual Grammar".
David is like a breath of fresh air, motivating and inspiring the children. He instills a love of literacy - a love of reading and writing!
David's performances are breathtaking and awe-inspiring. He reads his poetry, sings and engages the children with his wonderful sense of humour.
David Mason reaches children of all ages and enables them to unlock their imaginations, often through drama; they go on to produce outstanding pieces of writing. He teaches them the skill of drawing in their readers through their writing. Most importantly, he makes children believe in themselves as writers. In particular, teachers have reported how he relates so well to the boys and is a wonderful role model for them.
The standard of children's written work after a session with David Mason is phenomenal. His input has contributed to many wonderful literacy SATs results within KS1 and KS2 and has enriched GCSE and A level English study.
- Full time writer of poetry and fiction since 2000
- Author of fifteen books
- Author of text book for teachers on the use of drama
Performance Poet and Storyteller
- Dynamic and engaging shows for children and adults
- Mostly humorous, a little serious but always inspirational performances
- Some sung, some said using a huge variety of rhythms, characters and voices
- Storytelling inspires children to have a go at their own storywriting led by David
- Raises standards in writing
- School visits since 2000 offered nationwide
- Lesson plans devised and delivered by David
- Lessons include elements of drama
- Specialist in creative writing for students aged 6-18 years
- Specialist in all elements of poetry for students aged 6-18 years
- Writer in Residence packages
- INSET sessions and conference presentations
- Collaboration with his brother, Dare Mason, since 2002
- Two CDs of songs now available
- Dave Mason and the Masonettes formed in 2011 for the launch of new music videos and the latest album